Friday, March 28, 2008

Ryeness In The Eyes Of A Beholder

An Aussie friend of mine who comes to HK quite often and meets up with me secretly, was preparing my drink while we were hanging out at his apartment tonight, when he said, "Do you want it strong?"

And without even having to think about it, I said, "Yes."

"Oh yeah. Like everything else in your life."

"What do you mean?" I was puzzled.

"Like the cigarettes that you smoke, and your men, and the garlic in your adobo, and the pepper on your soup, and the more-than-extra virgin olive oil in your pasta. You're an all or nothing person, Ryan. You live life to the extremes. Sometimes you're extremely horny, other times you're not interested in sex at all. I'm not surprised you're still single. You probably demand all or nothing even when it comes to love. It's not just black and white, babe. There are lots of shades of grey in between them."

...

This got me to think --- is anything wrong with that?