Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Allow Me To Be Self-Indulgent

And if you absolutely can't, just leave this page; because seriously, nothing can stop me from being so. Oh well, maybe an A. Testoni bribe will do. Other than that, forget it.

Dats, JVRothschild and Kiks --- sorry I have been a delinquent tag-target. But you know what they say.. better late than never.


10 Random Things About Me (from Dats & JVRothschild)
Instructions:
1. Each blogger starts with ten random facts/habits about themselves.
2. Bloggers tagged need to write on their on blog about their ten things and post the rules.
3. At the end of your blog you need to choose ten people you're going to tag and list their names.
4. Do not forget to comment on their site that they are tagged.

1. My sex- and lovelife are overrated. I am not a slut or a serial dater, contrary to what a lot of people who know me (or people who think who know me) believe. Although I think it'd be fun to be both sometimes.

2. I am not fond of sweets. I come from a diabetic pedigree (both sides) that my brother and I were trained to not like them. The training worked. Although.... (jump to #3)

3. (continued from #2) ...my career as a dancer has given me opportunities to explore the benefits of chocolate. I am still not a big fan, but I don't run from it anymore. Chocolate helps me function at work especially on days following a big night-out or drinking spree (which is basically everyday). Ice cream, I've learned to like as well. No, I think "like" would be inadequate an adjective to describe my growing addiction to it. Dreyer's Chocolate cake & Movenpick Creme Brulee are currently my biggest guilty pleasures. Dan, Josh & Fly are to be blamed for this.

4. I suck at shopping for gifts. I'm a sucker for tulips.

5. I don't like eating hot food. My tongue gets singed easily and my taste buds are incapable of functioning under above-average heat.

6. I like surprises. Giving them and receiving them. But I am too nosy, I often bust surprises people brew for me. In giving them, I find being busted more fun than actually making them happen.

7. People think I'm a heartless bitch but I am very, very sentimental and sensitive. I find it easy to criticize people because it is also effortless for me to pay people compliments. And I expect the same from people, my closest friends especially.

8. When I say something, I mean it. And I expect the same from people. I hate it when people ask, "Are you sure?" after I've given my answer, because they make me feel that they think I am incapable of making a sound judgement. And I equally hate it when people answer, "Ok lang," "Wala lang," "Whatever," or "It's up to you", because they make me feel that they are too stupid to make a sound judgement.

9. I only say "Good morning." to a select few. I'd rather not say it to people whose mornings I don't really care about. And when people who ask "How are you?", I don't answer them unless they ask, looking me in the eye.

10. I am easily attracted to Leo men; I easily reach out to Cancerians; and am easily repulsed by Virgos. That's because my dad was a Leo and I idolized him to bits; my mom and my bro are Cancerians and through years of witnessing drama and theatrics from them, I've quite learned to love the sensitive Cancerian psyche; and I am a Virgo and I know I am always under scrutiny when I am in front of a Virgo.

Should there be really only 10?

Pardon me for being a party pooper but I am not tagging anyone. Everyone I know hates memes like this. Feel free to follow suit if you feel like it though.


Glitterfy! (from Kiks)
Instructions: Upon receiving a glitterfly "present" from a fellow blogger, glitterfly a picture of your own choice and offer it to 5 of your blogger friends.

Here's the gift Kiks sent me:



And since it's been a while since I last received flowers, I am glitterfly-ing a photo of my favorite blooms: tulips. But since this post is all about self-indulgence, I am offering the flowers to no one but myself.


Glitter Photos

Make one for yourself if you feel like it.