Friday, September 12, 2008

Change Is Over. It's Time To Rant.

Last night, I promised I wouldn't rant about a colleague, because I was having a day worth relishing. But I also promised I would rant about that colleague tonight. And since I know that that colleague reads my blog, I feel that I owe it to that colleague to fulfill my promise of blogging about that colleague tonight. So here goes...

You're stupid.

Pardon my unapologetic crudeness, but there's no better way of putting it. You're stupid. Sugar-coating my statement and writing in a more sophisticated (read: tactful) way will diminish the intensity by which I appraise you. Note: I appraise you. Not your intellectual value, or your limited vocabulary, but you. As a whole. As a person. As a stupid person.

Don't tell me to not take your criticisms on my performance personal. Because as a so-called artist, every work I do: whether it be a choreographic output, an onstage performance, a 45-minute class participation, or a blog entry, I put my heart and soul into it. Everything I do is a reflection of who I am. It symbolizes my past, my dreams, and my hunger. My pains, my triumphs and my desires. It is my soul --- stripped off of any superficiality, and bare-naked for every-fucking-one to see --- that I present to every-fucking-one who has enough time or interest to observe.

See, if I were an accountant, I could probably take your criticism with a smile and blame the calculator for being wrong. But I am not. Every pas-de-bouree and step-ball-change that I do is embedded with a piece of me. So every criticism that you throw at me is a personal attack.

If you don't have enough decency to stand by your own opinions, just say so. That'd be easier for me to understand than you saying, "Don't take it personal, Rye." The former speaks of your low self-esteem upbringing, which is easy to work on. The latter is just plain stupidity and is inexcusable. You chose to tread the path of a life in show business. You should know what it takes to be performer, the same way that you should know the difference between a releve and a rise, Or a pique and a releve, which obviously you don't.

So what is the point that I am making here?

My point is, I am my work and my work is me. You praise my work, and I am driven to tears of fulfillment and gratitude because in actuality, it is I that you praise. You criticize my work, you criticize me. I can accept criticisms, but I am (as a person capable of feeling and thinking) entitled to react to your criticism. Don't tell me to not take it personal because it is personal. Always. In all ways.

Do you get it? Probably not. Because you're stupid.
____________
Oh, and while we are in the subject of your stupidity, can you please, for the love of God, brush up on your subject-predicate agreement?