Thursday, June 09, 2011

17/365 Somewhere In The Middle

17/365
08 June 2011

Today I was asked to cover the class of a fellow teacher who had to go home in the middle of the day because she was hit by a bad case of flu.

Somewhere in the middle of the room, in the middle of her class, in the middle of singing and dancing children, I found myself smiling, whispering to the Universe a simple prayer of thanks for leading me to that very moment.

I realized that despite the many frustrations that I've been through, the many deadlines I had to beat, the little me-time I've had, the physical exhaustion of the thousand and one things I've been trying to fit into the hours over the last couple of weeks, there's always been at least one thing-- at least one-- that Life threw at me everyday to make me say

Oh, ho, ho it's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so
It's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so.

------
And somewhere in the middle of my lunch break, when I was supposed to be having my siesta but my mind was refusing to relax, another colleague played the piano, which calmed me down quite a bit.