Friday, November 30, 2007

Empty.

Hours after I sent out the email to my friends, I got a call from Steve and he asked me whether I wanted to talk about it. I said neither yes nor no. There was nothing I didn't want to talk about. I just didn't see anything to talk about.



After dinner, Dan, sitting by the dining table said to me while I was in the kitchen, "Nabasa ko na yung email. [I read your email already.]" He wasn't stating a fact. He was waiting for a story. I didn't say anything.


Later on, my phone rang. The number was unregistered in my phonebook, but I sure knew who it was. I picked up my phone and pressed Silence. Then I got his voicemail and his message on msn. I chose to ignore. Not because I was trying to be mean or anything. I just didn't know what to say.


As I was going through the blogs in my links, I got a message from Verna on MSN.

Verna says (1:42 AM): i have read your email. how are you feeling right now? will reply to it maybe by tomorrow.
Rye says (1:42 AM): wala.
Rye says (1:43 AM): i'm devoid of any feeling right now e




That's it. That says everything right now. Devoid. Empty. Neither sad nor happy. Neither imprisoned nor free. Neither satisfied nor regretful. Just wanting some sleep.
______________________________