Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Wanna Be Filthy Rich

"...Winfrey, whose media empire includes a magazine and stakes in syndicated daytime talk shows by Dr. Phil McGraw and Rachael Ray, earned an estimated $260 million between June 2006 and June 2007."

-- Access Hollywood,on Oprah being the richest celebrity on TV



I wanna be filthy rich! I wanna be rich enough to help the less-fortunate. I want to shower my family and friends with gifts. I want a summer house in the Bahamas, an English manor house in London, and estates all over Europe and America.

I called Steve, a good friend of mine who took on the responsibility to be my financial planner effective next payday, to tell him my new financial goal. I was oh-so-excited! 6 billion in 8 years.

He asked whether I was on drugs. Hell to the no, I wasn't. I was serious.

Utilizing the utmost patience he could muster, he said matter-of-factly, "Friend, we have to margin your expectations." Then, he asked quizzically, "What are your expectations?"

Matter-of-factly too, I replied, "6 Billion dollars on my 35th birthday."

He said he needed to got to sleep.
_______________________________