Thursday, January 01, 2009

Page 1, 2009

Today, I start anew.

A clean slate.

A fresh page.

The older books have been shut closed and all that's left of them are lessons.

Willingly, eagerly --- I now let Life take me anywhere She wants to:

Maybe to sublime lands of castles and many things lovely, where I will be the king, or the slave. Or a mere insignificant member of the kingdom.

Maybe to wild jungles where I can be the prey or the predator. Or a mere lurker perched on a tree watching how organisms attack one other in order to survive.

Maybe to quiet churches or cemeteries, where my solitude will allow Me to converse with Myself so that they may learn about each other more. And from each other more.

Maybe to crossroads or busy streets where I will be fooled again; where I can make mistakes again; where I will hear rumors again and be rumored again; where I can learn from other people's gallantry and diffidence. And other people's heroism and shortfalls.

Maybe to the edge of the horizon where the earth meets eternity. Or to either side of that edge.

Maybe with priests and the noble ones. Or with slaves and the famished. Or with ordinary everyday people.

Maybe to places where things are made. Or where they are destroyed. Or to places where they are forced to materialize.

Maybe to places where I will laugh again. Or cry again. And learn again.

Maybe to places where I will need again. Or be needed again.

Maybe millions of miles away. Or just here, on my couch.

Maybe to places filled with faces and stories that will make this next book more meaningful than the ones that came before it. Or to a place where I can create my own stories.

Today, I start anew. Fresh, clean, unwritten. Ready to be exploited by the hand that holds the pen. The hand that controls my destiny.

Me.


Unwritten (Acoustic Version) - Natasha Bedingfield

"...I break tradition
Sometimes my tries
Are outside the lines, oh yeah yeah
We've been conditioned
To not make mistakes
But I can't live that way oh, oh

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words
That you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
the rest still unwritten..."

-Unwritten,
Natasha Bedingfield