Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can You Blame Me?

I tried. I failed. The worldly desires of my human-self overpowered my willpower and I gave in. I lost the battle. But I'm not regretful. Or ashamed. If I had the chance to do it all again, I'd do it exactly as I did tonight.

I overate. How could I not?


Chicken Tinola with siling pansigang and sayote, paired with tuyo. Served with sinamak with crushed siling labuyo to dip the crispy tuyo in. That's how our dinner table looked tonight.

And, to top it all, how could one not get carried away and forget the rudiments of healthy eating when he is sharing this schemingly sinful homemade dinner with a fellow gourmand?

Dan, being Padre Damaso.

Now tell me, can you blame me? Ask Julius and he too, will testify, tinola & tuyo festivals are difficult to overcome. Inggit ka no?