Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back To Basics


Today I rekindled a long-standing, but almost-forgotten love affair.

Five years ago, I fell in love at first sight, and right then and there, I decided to hold on and never let go. I haven't. I managed to keep my promise through all these years, but growing old by the day and having to cope with the demands of the life I try to live, and the dreams I try to chase, have seemingly reduced my adoration for her. Seemingly, but not actually.

Her beauty hasn't stopped touching me. Her spirit hasn't stopped inspiring me.

Tung Chung. The Eastern Stream.

Never have green and blue looked so good side by side.

The road to another world.

Our quaint, provincial village.

The backdrop against which our cradle is set.

On a clear day, a view of HK's doorway-- HK International Airport.

So for tonight's dinner, a basic dish--- made just a little bit more interesting. Baked medley adobo-- comforting, basic, familiar, and just a tad fancy. Much like my beloved Tung Chung.