Thursday, August 06, 2009

Forgive Me, KC, For I Will Sin

Forgive me that I will not be the kind of friend that you want me to be. I will not hold your hand and cry with you, if you ever do. I will not be scared at the uncertainty of the future. I will not stroke your fragile spirit and say, "I'm sorry to hear that." Because I am not.

I am happy. I am very happy to see that life is finally unfolding itself for you.

I will not lie and tell you everything will be ok. It sometimes gets difficult-- heart-breaking, even. But that's what makes it all worth it. Because at the end of every hardship, is one more ounce of self-respect that you earn for yourself. And I can't wait to see you rise above it all, the way I did with you by my side.

Welcome to the real world, KC! I am delighted to be facing life's battles with you. It's time to put those high heels back on.