Friday, September 05, 2008

Twenty-four

I wish I could tell you how much I love you.

I wish I could tell you that despite our many awkward moments, our three years spent together means so much to me.

I wish I could let you know that despite my sporadic bickering and whining, there's no other place I'd rather be but right here with you.

I wish you knew that you exhaust me a lot. Still, some of the biggest life lessons I've learned, I learned from you. With you. So I guess it's all worth it.

I wish you know that I will miss you. Immensely. I am not the slightest bit scared of moving forward with my life; but the comfortable, uncomplicated life you provided me with, will be very, very difficult to part with.

I wish there was a way to let you know how much I mean everything I am saying right now. But words have become powerless. And my limbs and the steps that I know as a dancer, are inadequate to even create a dance piece to honor you.

I wish I had enough time to right the wrongs I've done along the way; and enough time to create more loving memories to get by, even after the sights and sounds of Hong Kong have faded from the heart.

But 24 days --- that's all we have left. 24.