Monday, January 18, 2010

For The Record

1) Adam West, during post-show drinks at Delaney's on opening night of Romeo & Juliet, officially offered me the choreographer post for his late-2010 production. What it is, I am not sure I am allowed to disclose this early. But I am ecstatic to be part of the project. So excited, I am stepping left and right and doing pelvic thrusts! Wootwoo! And I am putting it in writing and tagging my "Sister Mary best friend", Nicole, so that Adam doesn't forget.

2) I am blacklisting people I don't ever wanna work with. I have long been doing this, but only now did I start to actually list them down. Most of them fall under the "BEST" category. Big Ego, Small Talent. I mean, it's ok to have egos. We all do. Small talent is ok, too. With determination, adequate training and proper guidance, that's workable-- it will become big eventually. But Big ego and Small talent together? Not good.

3) Andy Burt is officially on-board my dream project. Watch out, Hong Kong! Spring of 2011. Jamesy, are you ready? On that same note, another person has expressed interest to produce it, and another one to help us organize a few charity performances for a particular NGO. I am not sure I am allowed to divulge who they are, so I will conceal their identities under the names Jason Clark and Rey Asis, respectively.

4) Romeo and Juliet is over. Congratulations, peeps! I am proud to have been part of this undertaking. And thank you all for trusting my own little vision.

Big thanks to Jowzshua for my side-swept fringe.

I am posting here, my bio, for the people I thanked there but didn't get to see it or the programme. Here it goes--

RYE is a professional dancer, choriste, and stage actor. He was an apprentice for the Philippine Educational Theater Association, and for Ballet Philippines, and, briefly, a company scholar of Actors' Company in Manila, Philippines. He moved to Hong Kong in 2005 from his hometown to join the Opening Cast of HK Disneyland's Festival Of The Lion King. In September of 2008, he left the Mouse House and started exploring the arts scene in HK, but it wasn't until September of last year that he got immersed into it. Over the past 4 months, he has performed with the HK Singers (Throroughly Modern Millie), the American Community Theater (Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All For You), and Multus Productions (Sistah Speak). His last theatrical involvement, Sistah Speak, was his first choreographic project in Hong Kong. He wishes to thank the studly T, his faghag mom, Rems, his spoiled brother, Mai La Sahara, and his perennial hero, Oca, for the inspiration; and Mandy Petty and Arvin Robles for opening doors for him. Rye also has an alter ego who appears occasionally in short skirts and sequined underpants named La Chiquitta, HK's first recording drag artiste.

5) up next: Footloose! Rehearsals start today. Start warming up, kids. Oh, and there's another one that's "for my country, my people". Verna & Jethro, we need to talk.

6) I will really take a break in March after Footloose. Promise!

7) A quick note to the newlyweds--

Belle & Jojo, I am utterly sorry that I missed a milestone in your life as a couple. That doesn't change the fact that I love you both. Super. Kisses! I am very, very happy for you. Congratulations, and the bestest wishes from your Ryeness.