Monday, July 23, 2007

Write It, Dammit!


"Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable."


-Francis Bacon
(1909-1992)


It's been 4 hours since I awoke from my 17 hours of Mogadon-induced slumber; 3 hours and a half since my first attempt to write something for my blog.


It's not the absence of something to write about that I am experiencing right now. Not at all. The present state of my mind is comparable to rush hour Welcome Rotonda --- infested with copious faces and activities coming from all four directions. The traffic is overwhelmingly heavy and it is brimming with too many different sounds, colors and movement. Oh and yes, pollution too!


I could write about that "really nice German" that I was chatting with while I was answering the meme I posted days back; or the fun that we had on the beach yesterday with his friends; or the reeking sunburn that I got (my first EVER!) from basking in the sun for 5 hours sans sunscreen; or how I partied like a 16-year old from Saturday night all the way through Sunday night; or the gorgeous gay Asian couple I met at the beach; or the anxiety brought about by the upcoming contract renewal meeting; or the winsome french ad I came across online today; or how the troikasters' latest podcast on long distance and open relationships made me cringe.


There's a plethora of subjects to write about. But I can't do it. I seem to have ceased to function today.


I have a weekend hangover.

====================


And the irony of it all is that, I got to write something after all. Ganda!