Wednesday, January 16, 2008

An Overdue Goodbye

an sms exchange, late last night.

Leo: I'm single again and hurting. :-(

Rye: Be strong. (Sorry, I honestly don't know what to say)

Leo: That I figured since you only talk to me when I say hello first. Never mind. Thanks anyway.

Rye: (no response. I was watching Sean Cody, duh!)

Leo: With that I'm officially over you Rye. I've been there for you and extended myself to you despite how you will ignore me if I don't start a conversation. I so thought we were past all of that. But if all you can say to me after all we've been through is be strong, I won't bother you ever again! For once I needed you and you showed me just how much you care.... Never again, Rye. Never again!

______________
And so this looks like goodbye. Finally.


"And so you know the way it feels to cry
The way that I cried when you broke my world in two.
Baby, I learned the way to break a heart.
I learned from the best.
I learned from you."

-Whitney Houston, "I Learned From The Best"